it's amazing...

last week my 9 mo old dd had a cold and I caught it and amplified it! She had a fever and a runny nose, I had stomach issues, coughing, fever and all that. Well I still went about my daily tasks of taking car of dd, cleaning and packing (we are moving tues, so there's no time for mommy to be sick). Well now my dh, who has managed to pack his clothes and the video games in a week, is sick. I asked him if he was going to get sttarted in the garage and on hid car so we can sell it. He looked at me and said, I'm sick. I just patted him on the head and said I did it all week while taking care of dd, have fun! Sorry, I don't have time to baby him right now, he's gotta woman up and get over it! If mommies can do it, why can't daddies?

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 9:25 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I know what you mean , my hubby gets a cold and its like he has the plague. but we get ill we clean cook take care of house and kids.
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 9:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have been sick this past week and a friend of mine posted on her facebook that when she was sick her husband took care of the kids and cooked and cleaned for her..my husband said "being sick for my wife is not an option she still gets everything done" I could have smacked him...he did do dinner for me one night and called to check on me but just because things were still getting done in the house he assumes that I am not really that sick...i know if he felt the way i did there would be a lot of whining going on and it wouldnt be from the 3 year old...lol
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Please! I could be barfing up a lung and everyone would still expect me to get my ass out of bed. DH on the other hand is laid low by a paper cut!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:44 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Oh come on all of us women know that men aren't even half as strong us women. Thats is the way god intended us to be. We are phisically and mentally stronger than men. My husband will admit to that too. We are caregivers therefor we know how to handle anything especially when it comes to our family!
    Alysa505

Answer by Alysa505 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 23, 2010