Serious Questions for Democrats...

Are you willing to do away with the right "secret ballots" for union workers?

Are you for/against the Educational Voucher system?

Do you think Global Warming could be beyond man?

Do you support Universal Healthcare? If so, are you aware of the % of Canadians that come to US for healthcare procedures because their Universal Healthcare system is lacking?

Are you for or against Nuclear Power? Drilling for oil?

When MOST 401k *teachers, firefighters, etc inc) are tied into Big Business, Big Oil for their retirement, are you against them making a profit?

How successful does one have to be, before you feel they now “owe” you for their wealth? And does it matter how hard they worked for their success?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, this isn't a loaded question. lulz. Anyways. The educational voucher system to me, sounds like an attempt at reinstating Jim Crow laws. Global warming is our fault, if you are trying to imply that an omnipotent being has something to do with I'll disagree simply because I'm an atheist. The number of Canadians that come over here for medical procedures is small compared to the millions of people in this country who do not even have a doctor to visit when they are deathly ill. A doctor is better than no doctor at all. I don't have a problem with big business making money, I have a fucking problem with big businesses lobbying for tariff laws to be smashed so that they can move their companies to India for extra profits.
    OOHPFG

Answer by OOHPFG at 1:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• cont.
    I believe in corporate responsibilty. No one owes me anything because I'm an adult with the capabilities to work, and go to school. I owe the people who are less fortunate than me everything I can spare to give them because that is what is right.

OOHPFG

• I am an athiest here too, but I think, what the poster was trying to say in reference to global warming is that perhaps the earth has natural warming and cooling trends, that man has nothing to do with. And perhaps these natural trends are influencing the environment more than man ever could. I didn't see a reference to a God, I see a big scientific question there.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I support the EFC Act.
    Obama has stated he's open to vouchers.
    Global Warming is our fault.
    Yes, with improvements, of course.
    "as president, I will tap our natural gas reserves, invest in clean coal technology and find ways to safely harness nuclear power."
    Explain more clearly, please..
    Nobody owes me anything.
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 1:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Why are you anon? Just wondering. Why don't we ask her?

OP are you asking a valid scientific question? Or do you, like dozens of other christians I know, think that the weather is a sign of end times?
    OOHPFG

Answer by OOHPFG at 1:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My question on Global Warming has NOTHING to do with Christianity."CO2 lags behind temperature in the ice core record by 100s of years, the climate models have not been accurate for the last ten years, the 2007 temperatures were so low that the Earth is now cooling, polar bear populations have been on the rise for the last 50 years, we have had over five ice ages, and it will cost multiple trillions of dollars in initiatives that will not change the temperature of the Planet .05% of a degree. August was the first month in a century with no Sun Spots".

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Obama has stated he's open to vouchers.~He has recently, but he also voted against them in the past

Drilling and Nuclear~He has recently, but again has in the past said he was against those forms of energy independence.

It just seems to me that Obama is willing to change his stance (for what IMO is to get votes) and I am curious to see where Dem voters fall in these categories.  And if him changing his stance is working. These aren't meant to be "gotcha" questions.  Just trying to understand Dems positions beyond the ever so popular Abortions issue, that is all.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I have a ###### problem with big businesses lobbying for tariff laws to be smashed so that they can move their companies to India for extra profits.

So, then are you also against Obama wanting to raise corporate tax to a level that might drive business out of America?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• The number of Canadians that come over here for medical procedures is small compared to the millions of people in this country who do not even have a doctor to visit when they are deathly ill. A doctor is better than no doctor at all.

Does the fact that Hawaii's Universal Healthcare System for children DIDN'T work bring concerns for you if Obama were to do this on a National Level, it might only cause more finanical and healtcare promblems then it would solve?

http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=9196589

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Are you willing to do away with the right "secret ballots" for union workers? I don't know a lot about this subject so I don't feel like I could give an educated opinion.

Are you for/against the Educational Voucher system? For. As long as it is for partial tuition. I don't think we should be paying full tuition.

Do you think Global Warming could be beyond man? Yes and no. I believe in the natural heating and cooling of the Earth. However, I think humans have had a drastic influence.

I don't think we should model our healthcare system after Canada's. Universal health care has been much more positive in countries like Norway and Sweden.

jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2008