Really tall or what???

My 2 1/2 yr old is 3ft 3in or 39" and 32lbs. I looked on that height and weight calculator for children and it said 2ft 6in for a 2 yr old. I tried 3yrs said 2ft 9in and then tried 4yr old it said 3ft 1in. And just for fun tried the 5yr old. 3ft 4in. So do i just have a very tall child or is the calculator a lil off?
The web site is http://www.medindia.net/patients/calculators/Height_Weight_ForChildren.asp
if anyone would like to try it for there child and see.

EJsHottMama

Asked by EJsHottMama at 12:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• While I do think your child is tall, I dont think he is off the charts, one I checked said the 97th percentile. Are you and his dad very tall?
    Pat-S

Answer by Pat-S at 12:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• LMAO, my son is the same way! My dad drives a bus and he says that he's as big as some of the kindergartners he picks up!!  He'll be 2 1/2  in November and has always been in the 90-100 percentile for his age...so i think we just breed big kids! lol 

4nickrick

Answer by 4nickrick at 12:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I'm 5'7" and my husband is 6'1". I was 21 in when i was born and my husband was 23in when he was born our dd was only 19 1/2in when she was born but she has caught up quick.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 1:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• as long as your child is within the percentile rank they have always been on then no big deal .
    my 3 yr old was 3 feet and 30 lbs when her 3rd bday hit - so acording to these charts she is big too
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• http://www.bcm.edu/cnrc/bodycomp/bmiz2.html
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2008