Shouldn't they quit saying "unexpected" by now?

With Obama and his cronie progressives holding power, can't we just accept this as the norm now?

An "unexpected" rise in jobless claims---again

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/24/business/economy/24econ.html

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 9:35 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• maybe they're still HOPING it will CHANGE???
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:40 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think the term unexpected is perceptive. I certainly expected it, and do so way into 2011. Oh let me just say it already.....

We told you so.

Those leaving the WH in droves don't seem to have any problems finding new jobs though.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:40 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think the people in the current administration are living in a bubble where everything is rainbows and ponies. They are the only one's that don't expect things to get worse. Since when has throwing money at a problem to artificially stimulate things worked? I have never seen it work, but I have seen it makes some businesses come close to going bankrupt.

That whole 'you have to spend money to make money' only works if it's money you already have.  If you have to borrow it, you never had it to spend in the first place.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:53 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• the people that give up looking for jobs are not included in the percentage of the unemployment because they have stopped claiming unemployment due to not applying for jobs anymore. so because they're not claiming, the government doesn't know they haven't found a job yet. recently they did a pole and found out that 60% of those that were unemployed did in face give up. so that 60% is still out there. maybe most decided to try again and so now they're back in the unemployment percentage, raising it. so much for the unemployment rate going down that they've been raving about.

i don't understand how the people in office doesn't get that.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It only works if you are investing to provide a product or service that you can profit from. They are only taking money out of the economy. The gov't does not produce.clapping

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:16 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Spin, baby, Spin...
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:46 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• it seems like the pp involved dont get that you have to make jobs or the unemployment rate isnt going to get better they seem to think the jobs will just appear out of nowhere ..
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 10:53 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• They won't appear O's way either..unless we are talking government jobs..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:56 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• LOL It doesn't take much to excite them does it. They get all excited over a few thousand smaller numbers when they should know it's not really a continuing trend. Really, I'm not even a college graduate and I know the unemployment numbers will be flat in general, with small ups and downs for quite some time. I think they should stop with the weekly status report and do it monthly.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Bwahahahaha!  It's almost as if the media is following Google Trends for unemployment data!!

Remember this story?!

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0709/25083.html

This was the "trend" for Economic Depression on July 17, 2009  Because it wasn't the #1 result, all was good! LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010