Flip video camera, yall have one or want one??

We are looking for a video camera and I love that the flip camera is so small. Anyone used one before or own one?? Or plan on getting one?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 9:40 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Yeah. CM gave me one. It's pretty awesome. The sound isn't great, but it's passable, but video quality is excellent. It's super easy to use, the Flip software is extremely easy to use, and now they have all these awesome customizable skins for them.
    I say get one.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:43 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• CM? I suck at internet lingo....
    MommaWoods

Comment by MommaWoods (original poster) at 9:45 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• CM - cafemom. =)
    They did a promotion around this time last year with KMart. They sent 25 people a Flip and a gift card to Kmart. It was a pretty awesome promotion (although not as badass as the one where they sent ten families to 6 flags *grumble*)
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:10 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I own one. I love it. It's good for indoor / outdoor vids as long as there is enough light. So no dusk, dawn, or night time movies. It's much better quality of vid and sound than my camera,and I have a Coolpix, with much longer recording time. 2.5 hours of record time is so good. To help the sound pick up on it, just be aware of all other sounds in the area your recording. If your doing a birthday party, you don't want a loud fan running, or a have music or a tv in the background. It muddles the sound a bit depending on how close you are to it.

Basically these issues occur with any vid recorder. Just need to be aware. But for a point and shoot vid, Flip is the easiest to do.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:19 AM on Sep. 23, 2010