Do some people not realize that friendship is not defined by selling stuff?

I have a friend of many years that I've worked with on parent-school projects. I've been invited to her house for the first social event ever, and it is home sales event. Do some people not understand that using your home to hawk products is NOT the way friends behave? In contrast I have another friend who had a jewelry party, but I am always invited to her home for dinners and parties, so in that case I know I am not viewed solely as an open wallet. BTW- saleslady has been invited to parties here (no buying required).

Whimsee

Asked by Whimsee at 9:44 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• i could never do the home party buy things stuff to make money
    i can see wanting to make extra cah
    but i could not do it
    i just am not pushy like that
    i made a horrible waitress too back in scholl years
    i just could not make people get out of my way
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:51 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i refuse to go to sales parties. period
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 9:54 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i understand that BUT has she ever had any other parties/events other then this? if not, then this could be her chance to throw a party but with expectations of hoping to sell. if so..and you werent invited to any of them, then this is the time to NOT attend to prove a point that you dont go to things that are expected to buy. Hopefully she will eventually get this point, although friendships can depend on what you do with another, whether it going out to dinners, going out to clubs or home invites.

Since this is your first invite, it sounds like your friendship is based on just outside the house type of thing with the school projects with her.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 23, 2010