just friends

i been going out with the same guy for 3 years now and when i was in school i've always had more guy friends then girls now everytime i wanna hang out with my old friends that are guys he thinks im going out to cheat on him i don't know how to get it through his head that im just going out with my friends and im not going out to cheat on him what should i do cuz i still wanna hang out with friends without him worrying about whats going on

LiLMAMA421

Asked by LiLMAMA421 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• Oh please everybody is making him sound bad. If HE were hanging out with chicks you'd be on here crying about that. I'd respect his views and not hang out with them ALONE. Add him to your circle of friends. I'm the same way, I've always gotten along better with men and my hubby doesn't want me to hang out with them by myself so he comes along and now we're ALL friends!! =)
    Anonymous

• invite him along -
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 12:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• He is not the type of guy that thinks it's ok for his girlfriend to have guyfriends..Does he have just ladyfriends??? You might need to find another man who understands you better..

Answer by louise2 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I agree with PP...if he does not like it now...if you were to get married, he REALLY wouldn't like it. Issues get bigger when you get married.
    I would not like my man hanging out with mostly girls all the time. Not that I do not trust him...I don't trust most anyone else.
    Either respect his position, he needs to be more understanding, or find someone more compatible with your needs.
    Jakesmom1107

Answer by Jakesmom1107 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• he will never be secure in your relationship so i would just date him but never consider him marriage material since he doesn't seem to have any trust in you. although i think you should invite him along so that he can see the dynamics of your friends and your relationship with them. he may see that they have girls friends of their own and that they are not your type etc.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• If your man is feeling that insecure and you really love him, stop hanging around your male friends so much...Tell me, what's the number one reason females tend to have more male freinds than women friends? Because men tend to be less complicated and you can open up about anything to them right?

Do yourself and your man a favor and stop hanging out with the men so much. I'm not saying to get rid of your male freinds but put a limit to the amount of time that you spend with them...
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 1:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Well think about this if he has friends that are girls and he wanted to go hang out with them without you would you truly be comf. with that?
    Anonymous

• I am 40 and I really don't know a lot of women who are in a commited relationship and still feel the need to hang out in a group of men. I realize these people are your friends and you do not want to just drop them because you have a boyfriend...but with a relationship comes a certian amount of commitment and understanding. I think this tends to be more of a problem for young couples...I hear it a lot from my 23 yr old son and his peers. I can say this much...as you get older these kinds of relationships tend to fall by the way side and bigger things like family and bills and day to day living take over. It is ok to have friends...but if you are commited to this man...the choice for you should be a no-brainer.
    Anonymous