How long do your parents/in-laws stay visit over the holidays?

Do they stay at your home or somewhere else?

Lisa.Price

Asked by Lisa.Price at 9:52 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• If my mother in law comes by herself, she stays with us. It can be up to a week! If both her and my FIL come, they stay in a hotel, we really don't have room for both of them. It's stressful when she is here because she is such a neat freak. I try to make everything perfect before she comes, but she will find something. She will sweep the basement, clean the garage, change any lightbulbs that are out, she has even painted the molding! One time she stripped the wallpaper off the downstairs bathroom because we had mentioned that we were planning to do it. We didn't want it done that day! Sorry for the rant.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:08 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My parents and my in-laws both live within 30 mins of us... so they do not need to stay with us. We see them a lot through the year, not just at the holidays.
    OpinionatedMama

Answer by OpinionatedMama at 9:56 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My in-laws stay at our home during the holidays but they are usually only here for a few days!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• they stay at their own houses, both my parents and my FIL live within 20 miles
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:18 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• mompam- I am soo sorry but you post just made me laugh out loud! That is crazy!
    Lisa.Price

Comment by Lisa.Price (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• LOL mompam I 100% understand your situation! My mom AND my MIL are the same way! Thankfully (well, I dont mean that in a bad way) we live 3,000 miles away. they don't really come visit us for the holidays because all of our other family lives down in texas and they have huge holiday gatherings. We are military though so we are use to doing the holidays with just us and our friends lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My parents live within 20 minutes from us and my in laws are both dead and hadn't ever spent a Christmas with us before that we all went to their house 7oo miles away and stayed tight fit but we all made it work
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2010