Why so many kids?

I was just wondering. I keep reading questions from mommies complaining about not enough money for healthy food, not enough money for doctors visit, not enough money for the ER and not enough money for whatever.

BUT, then I go check their profile and it says they either have 1 child and are expecting or have a hand full of kids.

Why do some women/families not stop having kids, if they cant even feed 1?

I just dont understand it. Why are they keep getting kids?!

m.robertson811

Asked by m.robertson811 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• Thats How I feel to,,They have no right to complain if they can't keep their legs together...

Answer by louise2 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Don't take this the wrong way...but is it really any of your business what other families choose?

In this economy, things are pretty much hard on everyone. You don't know them or their situation. I think rather than judging these people, maybe you could lend a helping hand to them and show some love and support!
    Anonymous

• Some people don't plan ahead or plan for emergencies. Some people feel entitled to have children. Some people have life circumstances that change. Some simply make poor choices. There are many reasons. I bet many of these women know they haven't made the smartest of decisions in their lives, and come here for support and to vent. I try not to be judgmental unless they act entitled or unless they specifically ask for advice. People must learn to own their choices in life so that they might learn from them.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 1:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• my guess is its not on purpose

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 1:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Well it is my business if they live off the govt. and I pay the tax. Thats why I'm wondering. But mostly I'm just worried about the children.

Just yesterday a woman said she couldnt take her son to the ER because she cant afford it, but she is pregnant. If I know I dont have enough money, then why having another child. Its just their way of thinking and not being responsible what worries me.

I dont care how many kids the families have, as long as they can pay for everything themself.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Answer #1 anonymouse says that and wont ever put her real name up

Answer by louise2 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• idk why. People really should think before having kids they can't afford.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Everyone who protects families like the ones I was asking about is probably one of them also ;) Thats why they have to post it anonymously.

Well, could be wrong, but i guess it could be right :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Actually...it really isn't your business. You might pay taxes, but what the government does with those tax dollars is not up to you. You don't get to choose what you want to pay taxes for.

I can't afford to take my children to the E.R. either....not to the tune of $1500 just to walk through the door to get triaged. One visit to the E.R. can run up into the thousands of dollars, even just for a simple cold. I have more than one child too, not that it's really any of your business.

In today's economy, I think I'd just keep my judgements to myself. You don't know these people. You get tidbits of information when they post online, that's all. You don't know the whole story. For all you know, they are just falling on hard times.

I'm sure that would never happen to you though.
    Anonymous

• Well I know how to use protection Mrs. Anonymous ;)

We have one child and we wouldnt be able to afford another one right now. BUT I have insurance, so i dont have to worry about taking my child to the doctor or ER if she needs help.

I can say my opinion on free loaders (ppl who live off the govt and who are too lazy to get a job) as much as i want to, and if you dont like it then dont read my post. just ignore it.

And im more than allowed to be pissed at the free loaders making hands full of kids, not being able to afford them healthy food, when the tax payers have to struggle with less money because the tax is so damn high.

I dont give a damn about the freeloaders itself. I worry about their kids. No healthy food, no doctor visits. its just sad. people need to learn how to use protection
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2008