• In the Spotlight:

need help getting this out of my head

i need help getting this outta my head every month i try to get pregnant but i never do so what im goin to try to do is not think about being pregnant but i need help what can i do to not have that in my head cuz when i got pregnant the first time i didnt even have pregnancy in my head all at then i found out that i was pregnant and that was really fast but i need help can any of you moms help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't know how to tell you to get it out of your head. You just need to relax if you can. The more you are stressed, the less likely you are to get pregnant. Stress can effect your health a lot. Did you know that it takes the "average, normal" couple an average of 1 year to get pregnant? I would recommend charting your cycles so that you are better informed about what's going on with your body. Plus, you can take that information to the doctor after 6 months and he/she will be able to talk to you about it. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I know it sounds a little unorthodox, but many of my friends and I have found that going out on the town with our husbands has done the trick. Not only does it take the pressure off of the both of you, but you often "connect" better after a few drinks.

I was not a believer of this trick at all until after 6 months of trying to get pregnant the traditional way (tracking ovulation, etc.), my hubby and I went out on the town for three days straight for our wedding anniversary. It was during then that we concieved our first child! My two besties conceived their children in very similar situations - going out with their hubbies.

Good luck to you!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 1:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• find something that will keep you busy my sister said she gave up cause she wanted a girl but had 3 boys instead and went on to doing her artwork and boom she got pregnant and had a girl
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I knew a woman who gave up trying and took a job/or changed jobs, then she got pregnant. When she was finally ready to go back to work she was back a few weeks and got pregnant again. She thought it had something to do with the building because they had many pregnant women at that particular place ???

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 2:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Stay busy. I was thinking about being prego for the entire time we were trying and it never happened. Then I got caught up in other things, and now... I'm PREGO! It'll happen!
    3Smiths

Answer by 3Smiths at 2:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2008