it's so funny

my stbx said one thing that really turned him off was my lack of confindence. i was really disturbed by that, because i am confident with my job, standing up for myself and not letting people walk all over me. i now know he meant by the way i look. i am very insecure about the way i look. also by reading posts on this, you all pretty much say that men really like women with confidence, even if they aren't great looking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• i know that i have been attracted to men who were not very handsome but they seem to posses a power or confidence so i think it can go both ways.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Yes, however, there is a fine line between confidence and TOO confident. TOO confident women come off a little brash (to me anyway). Makes me wonder if they're trying to make up for lack of self-esteem in some other area.

Be yourself and just don't show your insecurities. You don't have to be overly confident, but the insecurity does come off if you can't hide it (OR if someone is blatant about it and they don't mean to be -- nervousness.)
    Anonymous

• Confidense can make an ugly woman look hott to a man. They hate women who mope about how they look and feel insecure and it IS a turn off. Try being confident next time and love yourself. Men love women who are like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Oct. 21, 2008