Where can I find the best help for potty training?

I've been trying to potty train my daughter with little success. I'm not really sure what to do to be honest. Is there any articles online that could help? thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• This is what I did and my kids were trained in 3 days - I waited until they turned 3. Then I went to the store with him and bought a lot of big boy underwear. Got all the characters that he loves. I waited until I had 3 full days to devote to this. I didn't leave the house. The day before I said "Tomorrow you will wear big boy underwear!!! Yay! We are so proud of you!!" The next morning I put him in undies. I took him to the bathroom every half hour or so. We were very positive. Don't yell for accidents. He had some. When he went on the potty we made a big fuss. He wore pull ups at night. That comes later. The next day was much better. He was even be able to tell us when he had to go. We still took him every hour. The third day was even better. My kids were trained by day 3. The important thing is to never go back to daytime diapers no matter what. Good luck!!!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:15 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have 5 children all of whom are toilet trained. 3 boys and 2 girls. My girls were much easier and learned sooner. My boys were 3 and it took only a weekend to get the job done. As I mentioned, my girls were a bit easier, and almost a year younger. If you want help from the web, just google toilet training tips and there will be hundreds of sites.
    Personally, I did not use pull ups, I don't think they work and are a waste of money. I bought thick cottom training pants designed just for training...you can get them at Walmart etc. I set a jar of M&M's on the back of the toilet and they got 1 everytime they went #1 and 2 anytime they went #2. I had few problems. Just be sure they are ready, on line will tell you the milestones they should reach before starting. Never scold or punish or belittle them for accidents. Don't make it a battle or pressure them and you will get there. GL to you.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:56 AM on Sep. 23, 2010