My hubby and I

So my hubby and I got into a huge arguement the other night. Yes, we were intoxicated and it should have never happened. Well, anyway my hubby pushed me out of the way which made me hit my head on the wall. Of course I called my mother and had her come pick up me and the baby. I feel like a horrible mother for waking my daughter up in the middle of the night to leave her own bed. BUT I just wasn;t comfortable leaving her (I never could). Well, of course I exagerated the whole fight and the push when telling my family and they are enraged. I know he should have never pushed me, but I do not think this is marriage ending. I want to get couseling, as does he.

How do I get my family to understand that I was really upset and playing the victim? How do I fix this with my hubby? We aren't going to drink anymore because I am so ashamed of what we did. I just want to go back and do everything over. I wish I hadn't said such cont.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• hurtful things....

ok enough said
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• well unfortunately no matter what you say to your family i think they are going to have a hard time excepting it. In thier minds (reguardless of what you say) he put his hands on you in anger and that isn't going to just roll over. I can almost bet you that most of them are thinking...how many times has it happened that she didn't tell us?, has he ever endangered our grand-daughter?, and how soon before it happens again?. These are things that are only going to desolve with time but i can tell you from experience that they will never fully disapear. In the back of thier minds 10 years down the road everytime you get a bruise they are going to wonder.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 10:16 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• If this was truly an accident and not abuse, you could start by telling your family that you exaggerated and played up him pushing you, make sure that they understand. Also make sure that they know that you were both drinking and arguing. You need to ananlyze the drinking part. Is drinking something you just do on occasion or is it a problem? Do some research on alcoholism to make sure that he or you do not fall into this category. Is it common practice for you to involve your family and/or friends in the arguments you have with your husband in order to gather people to your side, gain sympathy or pit people against him? If so then this is something else that needs to be addressed. I can see that you feel horrible about what has happened and if he does too then that is a good starting place. I hope things work out for you.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:21 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• thats why you have to be careful what you let your family into. i never tell my mil or my mother things i don't want them to know about us. now they think your making light of the situation and don't believe you. well tuff. i would just tell them that your staying and that your sorry you brought them into it. they have to respect your wishes and that your an adult, somewhat anyway. go get the help and in time they will see that it will all be ok after all.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2010