Buying a washer and dryer. Could use some help.

My husband and I are looking into purchasing a washer and dryer but we are unsure what we want. What kind of washer and dryer do you have? Do you love them or hate them?

vnw1405

Asked by vnw1405 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I was told by my refrigerator repair man the best thing to do before making any appliance purchase it to call your local appliance repair man to see what is a good product to buy and what is not. We purchased an LG at homedepot because they said it was the best, when I mentioned this to him he smiled and said no it's not! I was disapointed and felt mislead by homedepot because we asked for the best so make sure you make that call before you decide!!
    determind

Answer by determind at 1:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My in laws bought us the LG Tromm front loader washer and dryer they are awesome. I know they are expensive but my FIL found them really cheap because he looked for the scratch and dent kind. There is a little dent on the bottom of the washer and dryer so they were half price.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• In our old house in Washington we had the Whirlpool Ultra capacity Axis washer and dryer. They were energy star.. conserved water really well.. but sometimes I dont think things got as clean. They cost around $1800 for the pair, if I remember correctly. The best price we found was at Lowes, because they "matched the price" of the ones at Sears and took off 10%!!
    When we bought our house in Utah it didnt come with appliances so we had to buy cheaper ones.. we bought the cheap GE plain old washer and dryers and I have to be honest.. they work just as well, but they arent energy star so they use alot more water and electricity than the old ones. Its a trade off. They cost less, but our water and energy bill are a bit more.
    My mom swears by her Maytags.. says they are the best shes ever owned.
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 9:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2008