Brown V. Black

I am about to invest in some pricey leather boots. I have a black wool coat that I wear most often. Do I buy dark brown boots, or black boots. which would look better and or match better. Do you wear brown boots with a black coat? Help, I dont know what to do! I really love the cherry brown color in the style of boot I want to get, but will it look right with my black coat? what do you think? I need a fashion expert!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• i say mix it up! if you love it, you will rock it out more!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Both brown and black are neutrals and while they don't match...they go together fine. Buy which every you love the most.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Buy 'em both! :D Just kidding. But seriously, if you can afford to, why not? My first suggestion is black, but I think black and brown can go together just fine, depending on the shades. And some shades of brown are so dark, they're almost black anyway!
    NovaChk

Answer by NovaChk at 2:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Whatever you like best will be fine. Aren't the boots this season divine?
    mkmomtracy

Answer by mkmomtracy at 6:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Buy them both. I think it looks sloppy when you mix brown and black together (like brown belt and black boots).
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Get the color you want! The two colors work great with one another. Brown & Black is definitely a great combo & you can't do wrong with either. If you are leaning more toward the cherry brown, then that's the color I would choose. They will be fine with matching anything black that you want to wear.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 11:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2008