My 8 year old says ....... ?????

She says that she feels like she is being called to preach... I know that many people have many different views on this .. I am not looking for an argument.. I am just looking for opinions.. thanks and blessings!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us-yes, establish the work of our hands.
    Psalm 90:17

You will teach me how to live a holy life. Being with you will fill me with jyu; at your right hand i wil find pleasure forever.
    Psalm 16:11

He who began a good work in you will carry it on to competion until the day of Chrsit Jesus.
    Phil 1:6
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 5:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I would get her books that she could read to support her beliefs. Maybe have her start a blog! That would be a neat experience for both of you. She would feel like she is able to get her word, and you could see what she is feeling, etc.
    In the Catholic religion, there were many who felt the calling (men and women) from a very early age.
    shiningsoul

Answer by shiningsoul at 1:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Most churches have wounderful classes for children who feel this way I suggest getting your child involved! Its a oppertunity that should not be passed up.. GOOD luck
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 1:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Wow....Nurture her faith...have her talk to your Pastor, read books, and share ways that she can witness to other children. God bless you for raising a spirtual child.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I agree with the others. Allow her to explore this! I think it's wonderful!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Let her explore it. There are tons of books and websites that she can learn from. If you guys dont have a church home, maybe find one that is really great with children, so that she can find a mentor that does what she is being called to do.
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I think that is awesome, encurage her, maybe she can write a kids book!
    Anonymous

• wow! its not uncommon for some kids to know their God given destiny at such a young age. i agree with the above. have her talk to a pastor. make sure at church she is surrounded with people who support and can nurture her calling.
    this may not be a popular opinion, but i also say not to "advertise" all of this to family, etc. just yet. the bible says not to cast your pearls before the swine. i believe that means to take those God given dreams and hold them as precious. there will be a time when all of this will be in the open. but in the meantime, i say nurture it, but be CAREFUL who you let in on this dream. if thats not clear, you can pm me and ill try to explain it better. i think its great your daughter has such a insight to her spirit!
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 3:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Oh, my you are blessed! "Out of the mouth of BABES" My little one also.....she started on her own a bible club at school. :) She's on fire for the Lord! I'll keep her in prayer sister.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 5:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I guess it depends on what she intends to preach about. BUt ibeleiev all gifts should at least be explored. Help her do some research and see where she goes with it. She may change her mind she may not, but love her and support her and don't let other people's opinions bother you. Nurture the thought and see what happens.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2008