my son age 6 gets too much physical with me.

though i explain him not to get so physical but he puts his hand sometimes under my clothes and kiss me on my lips.it dont make me feel anything wrong when i'm alone with him but when he does in front of others i feel embarrsing.how should i tell him that should not do such things.should i be strict to him?

worriedmom30

Asked by worriedmom30 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• in public or alone, that is wrong! What have you shown him? WOW! This my dear is your fault, and problem, why are you okay with your 6 year old rubbing your breasts and kissing you at home even? If I knew you I would call CPS, sorry but true!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:21 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• ERRR wtf
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 10:24 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Well first of all the question that needs to be asked is what has this child been exposed to that he would even know this behavior or act like that. What has he seen. Looks to me like somebody needs to be a bit more careful in what they do in front of the child. And yes you need to be strict and stop it.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 10:25 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I agree with Peekalou I'd be questioning what influences he's being exposed to even want to do this behavior or think its okay. I can say my younger son had a fascinations with breasts for awhile but he would never touch me, also to point out he was 6 when I got breast implements. I think that he was more interested in how they got bigger with surgery than my actual breasts. He would stare and I had explained exactly how the procedure was done, I did let him touch the top of my breasts at one point to just stop the curiousity, and then it was done. I'd start looking at the influences around him, does he see his dad doing this, hasn't seen some kind of show where this going on...its not uncommon for children to be curious about the opposite sex but I'd say this is a bit extreme.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 10:30 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My son is 5, a few months ago he was making me uncomfortable sometimes the way he would try to lay on me or touch my leg. I think they are just curious. I just told my son that it makes me uncomfortable and that he could hug me or lay with me another way.
    melissac9903

Answer by melissac9903 at 10:59 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• u do need to be strict but also there is a time and place for you and your husband to do that behind closed doors
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I agree that you need to see what the root of the cause is as well as even in private at home you SHOULD NOT under ANY circumstance be allowing your 6 year old son to stick his hands in your clothes. That is just wrong.

If his kisses on the lips are more than that of a lvoing child to a mother then you need to stop that as well.

Counseling may be in order.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:59 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think some of the peoples answers on here have gotten way too deep. Children of all ages do things in that nature. It doesn't mean that the parents have done anything in front of their child. It could simply mean they are curious. I think that is whats wrong wrong with the world today. Too many people over think things too much.

You were quick to judge worriedmom when she never said anything about this came about. Instead of assuming she and her husband has been doing things in front of their child you should ask questions first.

So to answer your question. I don't think it is a major concern. You don't want him to be scared to express himself nor do you want him to be scared that he will be scored by women when he gets older because you punished him for being curious. i think you should tell him it makes you uncomfortable and please not to do it again if thats how you feel. And if you are embarrassed because of what
    Alysa505

Answer by Alysa505 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• you think others think....you shouldnt. Dont spend your time worrying about what others think of you. It will only teach you to be someone your not.
    Alysa505

Answer by Alysa505 at 11:24 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• thanks all of u fr taking so much pain fr answering my question.we never do naything in front of our children.its becuse of curosity.definately i'l b strict to him and tell him that i am uncomfortable
    worriedmom30

Comment by worriedmom30 (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2010