"If you choose not to breastfeed then you shouldn't have children." What do think about this?

This was said on an open forum in response to the Similac recall. I have never been able to successfully breastfeed. Out of five of my kids only four of them have gotten my milk for a short period of time. I am glad I was able to do that, but I was never successful for a long time frame. I pumped for my twins for a month while they were in the NICU, but I could never get them to latch on when they got out.

twinmama2five

Asked by twinmama2five at 10:24 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Although rude..I do believe she wasn't referring to those that CAN'T for real reasons...She was mad at those that never bother or try for no reason at all. So..she wasn't trying to offend those with a medical reason.

Still, she shouldn't have said it and it's not her business.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:26 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• OUR BOOBS OUR BUSSINESS!!!!!! Nobody can tell u otherwise.
    melissac9903

Answer by melissac9903 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think who ever said that. Needs to get a life ad stay out of other peoples business
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 10:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think some people are self-righteous, self-absorbed, inflexible, immature, and mean-spirited.  I now a lot of great moms who didn't breastfeed at all, and plenty like myself who didn't stick with it for the entire first year.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:28 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Just the breastfeeding Nazi's will agree with that, I wouldn't worry over it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You don't need to explain yourself. I think it's sad we need to explain our choices to judgemental people that have no meaning in our lives. Some people are using the Similac recall to bash formula feeders. I seriously think some people spend a lot of time grasping for ammo. It's pretty typical. It didn't even mean that all the cans are contaminated, it just means that they found it, so it's the right thing to take them all back. People really need to get their facts straight before they shoot. People still put their children in Toyotas after their recall. Are they bad parents too? Okay I'm done! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:31 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i can't breastfeed due to heart and pain medication that i can't LIVE with out.....so because i have a medical condition i shouldn't have kids? That is a crock of shit.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• That's a little asinine. I'm all for breastfeeding, but some women just can't. Some women are on medications that they have to take but pass through the breastmilk. Some women are physically incapable. I wish there was more education out there and more training for women because it's not something that just comes naturally. But nobody should be denied their reproductive rights just because of breastfeeding.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:31 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think it is ignorant.

Being a mother is more then having a child breast feed. Get over it most woman work, so it is very difficult, and for the ones who choose not too it is there choice.

I love me kids just as much and we have a wonderful bond, and as they get older the bond gets greater. Just my opinion....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:34 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think it is none of anyone's darn business if you breastfeed or not!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2010