how to start a charity in my area?

I'm curious to see how many people think of this. Also, any good websites to find bonafide causes? It is very difficult to find causes to get involved with - not just give money to. I know the basic ones but I want to see if anyone has thought outside the box.

micahsmommy08

Asked by micahsmommy08 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• As far as how to start a charity you can find some basic information in this article How to Start a Charity.

It can be hard at times to find genuine, worthwhile charities but there are some good ones out there besides the ones most of us are familiar with. One thing you may want to do is look locally. For example nearly every town has a local food bank that needs not only donations but volunteer help. The same goes for local women's shelters, children's group homes and animal shelters.

There's also a pretty cool website called Charity Navigator which can help people find genuine charities. They are rated and reviewed before being listed.

Feridust

Answer by Feridust at 5:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I am trying to start a Charity now from a Yahoo Group.
    It's called Save A Tooth. WE don't Collect Any Money, You only send money to a Dentist that is treating a Patient that Needs Dental Work!
    Please help Promote it http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaveATooth
    starcye

Answer by starcye at 7:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2008