Finding friends

I'm having trouble finding friends. My family & I have moved 4 times in the past year. We owned a home and loved our neighbors and had great friends, until a friend of mine stole from me . It was an ugly situation. My husband was her husbands best friend, her daughter was like a big sister to my daughter, we considered them not just friends they were family for 8 years. I do not trust any one. I have built a wall and never want myself or family to ever hurt like that again. How do I stop the hurt and let people in again?

kozymama700

Asked by kozymama700 at 10:25 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I know what you mean. I was married to a marine for 4 months. Left him bc he was abusive. But while I was there, I made friends. But I left them when I left NC. I am too afraid to trust them bc they are where he is and I do not want him in my life anymore. I get home and tell people at home what happened to me up there. That he tried to kill me with a gun and everything and I lost friends bc they called me a liar. They chose him over me. So I do not trust just anybody. But I have a few friends and I keep them close. Bc if someone will be at the hospital most the night when you are there bc of almost being killed I think they are true blue. But to get that close to me, people have to get through a wall. I do not mind telling my story. It is just rough. But if you want a friend message me. I will tell you about it. And try to help you.
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 10:36 AM on Sep. 23, 2010