How do you clean your floors?

I have hardwood (with gaps - not flush against each other) and vinyl flooring on my main floor. Everything always looks dirty with a hunter/fisher husband and a minimum of four children all over all day - is there some kind of wonderful steam cleaner/vacuum/mop or anything to maintain these floors easier?

augsmom

Asked by augsmom at 10:25 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I hand scrub my floors with Mr. Clean multi-purpose cleaner. Then go over it will a steam mop lots of work but my floors stay clean
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:44 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• OK - I don't know how you find the time to do that. :)

Looking for something that could be quickly done daily. I do scrub once a week - what kind of steam mop do you like? For both hard wood and vinyl?
    augsmom

Comment by augsmom (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have a steam mop it's fast and it dries fast it's a shark mop
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You like it? My husband is against Shark - but that's all I really see out there. He says they're cheep. But when our vacuum broke and we bought a new one, it didn't feel as STURDY as the old one - but I think its just as good. I don't think they make things that are as STURDY feeling so they appear to be cheep. What do you think? Would you recommend it to your BF? Would you replace it with the same if it lived its life and you needed another?
    augsmom

Comment by augsmom (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have a steam mop and love it, I got ot on QVC, and I love their payment plans. If I don't use the steam mop I will use water and vinegar with a little baking soda
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Does your QVC mop have a brand name? Is that the one with the toothbrush head attachment that cleans around sinks, etc? :)
    augsmom

Comment by augsmom (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Shark...you'll love it
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 2:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2010