So what are your reviews for the leapster?

Should I spend the money? My son will be 4 by Christmas. He can do all the games on his Grammy's Iphone, so I think he could handle it, but I don't want to buy junk. Any other recommendations for Christmas presents?

AshleyBDG

Asked by AshleyBDG at 10:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My kids never had any interest in those things. They were dust collectors. He can go on the real computer and go to noggin.com, pbskids.org, disney.com and sesamestreet.com. My kids love those sites.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:29 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Thanks, he does the nickjr and disney websites and can navigate them well on his own too, but I never thought of the other 2, I'll check those ones out too, thanks.
    AshleyBDG

Comment by AshleyBDG (original poster) at 10:33 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Both of my children have one. They are FANTASTIC!!!!! They are great in the car. Awesome for waiting rooms and quiet time. They play the games well, and my daughter is actually adding and subtracting thanks to her Tinkerbell counting game. Totally worth it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:37 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• He can go on pbs nogging or others. My son got a leapster handheld for christmas, he was 2 going on 3. He liked it for a period of time. Now he wants a DS and his little brother has the leapster. The tag learning system is great though. They really enjoy that. They get to read to mommy for a change. So I say yes for the tag books and eh for the handheld.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It is portable and great for long rides. You may also want to try a DSlite. They are both educational and fun for that age. Especially for the ride to gramas ,no fighting no boredom and my husband and I held hands all the way. ;)
    kozymama700

Answer by kozymama700 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I will say that my daughter got hers for her fourth bday. I wasn't going to spend $150 on a DS for a 4yo. It would wind up broken in this house!lol. I like that they are kid proof! My son took one and washed it in the sink and it made it! They also have rubber on them incase they drop. I intoduced them to my kids at ages 3 and up.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:50 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I love it, as does my 4 YO. It is very easy to use, and really does help with letter and number recognition.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:36 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• THanks, maybe I'll go for it... :)
    AshleyBDG

Comment by AshleyBDG (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• actually a leapster is a great choice for a 4 year old my daughter has a leapster lmax and it keeps heR occupied forever and she learns things frm it.they have great learning games with things that really stick to the kids so i think its a great investment.
    also for an artistic child a crayola glow station is reallly great. and my 4 yr old adores it.
    keta_girl

Answer by keta_girl at 4:19 AM on Sep. 24, 2010