Confusion.......?

I have been making my daughter 8 oz. bottles of formula and feedin her like 7 oz. of it. Sometimes she pushes the bottle out and doesn't want it with only 5 1/2 oz. gone and sometimes she screams and screams when the 8 oz. bottle is all gone wanting more! But, when she drinks all of it and is still acting like she's hungry, she spits up! I get so confused on what to give her now. I hate that sometimes it seems like she eats too much sometimes and spits up and it's my fault. But, she acts like shes still hungry so I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD went through that phase too....I would give her somewhere in the middle (6-7 oz). If she wasn't satisfied after...she was usually overly tired...I would give her a pacifier and rock her. If she still seemed hungry after 30 min...then I'd give her another ounce or 2. Really it depends on how old she is...is she eating any solids yet?
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i've learned that when my dd cries after feeding, she has eaten too much and spits up what is left over in her stomach. your dd also might be crying cause she has a stomach ache from eating too much.
    MomWeb

Answer by MomWeb at 1:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• started giving her 2 tablespoons of formula with 2 teaspoons of cereal 2 weeks ago, just with her last feeding before bed.

So should I just give her like 6 oz. and burp her and then wait alittle while and see if shes still hungry. It prolly is a tummy ache. I feel so bad its my fault
    Anonymous

• Don't feel guilty.. This your first time with this isn't it? Just remember to burp her frequently as more often than not that's the problem.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• You didn't mention how old she is...that can make a difference in the answer. You are welcome to join us in Common Sense Parenting here on cafemom. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• see if there is a patern to when she wants less (she may consider it "snack" time) and may want more at larger meal times.
    if you are going to feed her the full bottle give her alot of breaks so she will less likely have air in her tummy to push out all you just fed her.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 2:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Its so hard to get it right... My little one is 5 months old and still only eats 4 oz at a time, but she eats every 3 hrs... Sometimes I feed her early, and sometimes she sleeps a little past feeding time. Try having smaller, more frequent feedings. This may help :). Good luck!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 3:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• heres a feeding chart for formula babies...think of it more about ounces in a day instead of ounces in a bottle....
    http://www.earthsbest.com/baby_nutrition/feeding_schedule_print.php
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My daughter is 4 1/2 months old. I was feeding her 6 oz. and she wuld eat 4 bottles a day with like 3 1/2 to 4 hrs. in between and was fine. Then I went for her checkup and the doc said she shuld be eating more than that, so i was tryin to give her more. I didnt think she needed more, she is pretty chunky already 15 1/2 lbs. lol
    Anonymous