Stray cats outside

I have like 5 stay cats outside my house, and there using my flower bed as a litter box!!! IT's driving me nuts! I just moved into this house so who knows how long they've been here. What should I do? I don't think there going anywere, because I have two cats that they keep visiting though my windows, AND I keep seeing them on the nabiors porch (they may just be her cats, but if they are, she's not taking very good care of them, cuz they beg me for food). IS there anything I can put out there to keep them away? My puppy chase's them, but they don't care, they just come back. I've sprayed stuff out in the dirt that's suppose to be a train aid stuff, to keep them out of certain areas, but they didn't seem to care about it.

Jabrw0ke

Asked by Jabrw0ke at 1:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Pets

• My cat hates the smell of citris and mint. You could plan cat nip in your neighbors yard. Just kidding. But it would be kind of funny
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Don't know where you live but call the dog pound or asap org in your area for help. Also there may be a hume soci. that can help you with this issue. Right now all you can do is maybe wet the area with water, cats hate to be wet, so if you soak that area for now they may leave. But wait till you see if the local area pound can help set traps for them to be caught. Good luck...
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 3:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Pine cones (something sharp) and orange peels (they hate citrus scent) are supposed to keep them out, there is a spray you can buy at Wal-Mart (or the like) that chases them off. I'd use that for now and call up animal control to come pick them up.
    mama3ks97

Answer by mama3ks97 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I think moth balls keep cats away too.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 6:23 AM on Oct. 21, 2008