help finding a baby doctor

I need to find a dr. but I don't know what to look for. I need a new one. I tried looking on the blue cross blue shield site but I cant figure out the search form. is says to choose a provider type and specialty. and hints on what I should search?

EarthMama05

Asked by EarthMama05 at 10:41 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Have you tried looking under gynecology or obstetrics? If you need help then call the costumer service rep.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:49 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Do you need a pediatrician or ob/gyn? Have you tried provider type as one of these? which ever and leaving specialty alone?
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 10:43 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I need an ob/gyn nut thats not listed and provider type is a required field. I spent an hr trying to figure out what exatly I was suppose to fill in.
    EarthMama05

Comment by EarthMama05 (original poster) at 10:46 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• If ob isn't listed under provider type, then perhaps you should just do a search for local drs on yellowpages.com or what ever site or phone book you prefer and make some phone calls to see if they are accepting new patients and your insurance. I tend to ask a few questions about the dr while I'm on the phone too. Like how well the dr speaks english. (There are a ton of drs in my area that have heavy accents and it's hard for me to understand). Look into if they have website you could check out too>
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 10:49 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Maybe if you post the State & Town you are from, someone here can recommend one. Or ask your regular Doctor or OBGYN to recommend a Pediatrician for you.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:24 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I'm trying to avoid calling the 1800 number cause I always get stuck with someone with an attitude treating me like crap cause I don't know all the inner workings of my insurance and I wanted to check my coverage or what ever, or someone that barely speaks English/has an extremely thick accent that I cant understand

EarthMama05

Comment by EarthMama05 (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2010