If you have finalized your divorce

How long did it take for your ex husband to lose his focus on you?

My ex and I have not been intimate in over 3 years- closer to 4. We have been physically separated for over 2, and divorced over a year now... and he STILL makes advances every time I have to interact with him- which fortunately is usually over the phone.

How long does this crap go on? I divorced the asshole, it is not as though I am sending signals that I want him back!

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 10:43 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• My ex did that until he found a new girlfriend and between girlfriends he still tries to sneak a comment in every now and then.
    It's just annoying and by acknowledging it, I feel like I give it life and he will continue. I just hope the girlfriend he has now will stick by him forever!
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 11:01 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I dont know but I am starting divorce papers... I am not looking foward to it. Oh, just ignore him.
    melissac9903

Answer by melissac9903 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Just ignore him, it might not ever go away.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My dh and his ex are on the same timeline as you and your ex. She still talks to my mil about how she wants him back. The Pity party may never stop...I'll let you know when it does!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 10:53 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Man, it scares me... He's raped me before, and I couldn't press charges because we were married (damn SC state law!!!). I can't put it out of my mind that he would do it again.
    When I have to supervise visits I have started taking my SO with me as a buffer. Dumbass (the ex) leaves me well enough alone when he sees the two of us together, and I think is intimidated by my lovely (though he is as harmless as a kitten).
    My stomach literally turns upside down every time he says something to me like "Why couldn't you look like that when we were married"... Or "You turned into a MILF". All the while looking me up and down. *shudder*
    WTF
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My ex did it for a while when we were seperated. Really annoyed me. Finally one time I laid it all out there. I told him that to me sex is a way two people who truly love each other share that love. I no longer loved him and was not going to do something that to me was special with him, especially not after all the crap he put me through. He lost any chance he would have had by lying and abusing me.

Maybe your ex does it because he truly thinks he has a chance. I would stand up to him and make it totally clear he does not have any chance--be mean and insulting if you have to. Hopefully his ego will be bruised enough he'll leave you alone.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It's been 6 months and he finally stopped because he knows he wasn't getting anywhere. He would grab my butt or say things, wink, try to kiss me. I told him to stop it all.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2010