Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

My husband and I have split recently, how can I go see my children at his mom with him there(arguing)???

My mother in law has temp guardianship of my 2 youngest sons. How can I visit my kids without having a wwf match with his mom or him??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (12)
  • hold your tongue?

    Answer by gracefulsky at 10:46 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

  • Be the bigger person, don't argue...

    Excuse me i have to go to the bathroom, that is my venting space.. :) don't tell them that.

    The kids should not see fighting and make that clear. Say I will not come here to argue, so excuse me i need to go to the bathroom, go to the car, make up any excuse...

    Answer by KFree907 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

  • He yells and screams no matter if I say anything or not, so.... how do I see my kids.

    Answer by melissac9903 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

  • If it means seeing your children, make the effort to only be there for them. Ignore her, smile and nod if she say's anything directly to you. Suck it up, and look at the bigger picture. This isn't for you, it's for your children.

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:50 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

  • I know its for my children but if it means their dad yells the whole time I am there my kids dont need to hear that.

    Answer by melissac9903 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

  • Be the adult and tell yourself that for your children - you will not get into it with any of them. You will be civilized and if they start coming with the arguments you either say that this is not the time or place OR you leave.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:57 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

  • pick them up and take them somewhere else then where he is not around. they are your kids too...

    Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:01 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

  • ask them to meet you in a public place...a park where you can play with your children on the playground while they sit on the sidelines on a bench or a mcdonalds with a play place....this way its nuetral ground, there are other people around and they do not even have to have contact with you they can be on the side. If this is court ordered visitation you need to let your social worker or whomever is in the position overseeing the custody order know that it is a hostile environment.

    Answer by foxracing43701 at 11:01 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

  • I would set up the meetings in a public place-- like a park or chuck e cheese--- and then leave them sitting on a bench/booth while you interact with the kids. If they refuse or if they still keep trying to fight with you then contact your lawyer or whoever is in charge of custody/visitation and let them know the situation and see what they suggest or what they can do. I hope everything works out and you can spend some 'drama-free' time with your kids!

    Answer by MizLee at 11:12 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

  • Thanks mizlee

    Answer by melissac9903 at 11:17 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
Finding friends

Next question overall (General Parenting)