for those that smoked while pregnant....

how much did your child weigh at birth? Just curious

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 11:05 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you are welcome hun, and the fact is that I envy you in what you are capable of doing! Like I said, I am not right for smoking by any means, and the fact is that I am lucky! I hope all goes well for you, and just knwo that you are so much beter than petty judgement that can be trhown your way!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I'm not bashing anyone. I did not smoke while I was pregnant but I had friends who did. Their babies were a very healthy weight (one weighed nearly 10lbs) but in all 4 of them, their babies had to be put on special formula (that stunk like crap and the baby couldn't stand either) and/or the children had collic. It was a nightmare for the first year for each of these friends. I do not judge, it is your body and your child so do as you please (I wouldn't want anyone telling me what to do or judging me), but personally I feel like the risk outweighs the reward.
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• carrie, you did not read her post after! She was just curious if it was true, prim example of being qucik to judge! Im sure you have a ton to say to me, but then again, I must just be damn lucky right along with all the others I know! My kids have NO issues even while newborns, so go sit on a stick!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:25 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My mother smoked while pregnant with us. I was 7 pounds 11 ounces. My sister was a little bigger.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:08 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• A friend of mine smoked while she was preggo (she cut back alot but still....) and she had a 9 lb 2 oz baby
    HuntersMom25

Answer by HuntersMom25 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• By the way I never smoked while pregnant I quiet will I was pregnant (I smoke now) we are ttc. I was telling a friend of mine that I always wanted a smaller baby like 6 or 7 pounds but my kids were always big #1 8.1 and #2 8.7 she said how to get a small baby is to smoke while pregnant. Although I told her i can't do that because I don't want to cause problems through pregnancy or health problems. She said she tried and couldn't quiet, but I guess I did because I always said I couldn't put myself through that because I wouldn't want to risk my childs health. So once I find out I am pregnant I will stop smoking for 9 months this time too. Oh ya also my mom smoked with all of us 4 pregnancies and 3 births. (me) 3.7 (sister and brother) around 6 pounds. My kids 8.1 and 8.7 lol, but I didn't smoke either so I guess I was just seeing if what she told me is true about smoking and small babies lol
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• oh and by the way no bashing I am not going to smoke while pregnant just curious lol
    mommy5409

wow so I guess what a friend told me isn't true then lol
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• When I was born my mom was in a room with a woman and her baby was way smaller than I was. She asked the doctor why and the doctor told her it was because she smoked and my mom didn't.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 11:21 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Are you out of your mind? You want to smoke, aka endanger your fetus' life, so that you can have a "smaller" baby?  I hope this is just a joke, because if not, you need to be locked up.

CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 11:22 AM on Sep. 23, 2010