Why are YOU voting?? Pro's/Con's

Everytime someone posts a question about the presidential election people always start slandering other people. I don't want that to happen here. Since everyone seems to be educated on politics I'd like to hear ONE, just one reason why you are voting for Obama/McCain and ONE reason why your NOT. Instead of fighting and arguing I think it would be a good idea to look at each others views. You can't make someone change their vote by slandering them!

frugiferous

Asked by frugiferous at 1:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know if I could limit myself to only one reason why I voted for McCain, but I can say the number one reason is because of his plans for foreign policy and our national security.

One reason I am not voting for Obama is because I do not feel comfortable with his lack of experience coming into power during a time of war.
    Anonymous

• McCain, because he ins't going to slash the defense fund. My husband is military, and when Clinton was president, not only did he cut funding, he closed bases that are now rotting!
    dini1976

Answer by dini1976 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• and Obama already stated he was going to cut 10's of thousands of dollars in defense!
    dini1976

Answer by dini1976 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I am voting for Obama b/c I dont want to be stuck in a war that was never "declared war" and would like to avoid more "wars"
    We need to fix us before we can help the rest of the world

that is why I am not voting for McCain b/c republicans tend to jump the gun when it comes to these things
    Anonymous

• One reason(and there are many...) I am voting for McCain/Palin is because as a small business owner, who want s to grow, I believe in a free market...

One reason I am NOT (and there are many) voting for Obama is because I do not believe in a socialistic style of government in regards to especially, but not limited to healthcare and taxes.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Of course these are not the only reasons by far.
    For McCain- Will start making congress work for the people like they are supposed to. No more spending my money without MY permission.

Not for Obama- He will hand his presidency over to Pelosi and Reid which would damage our country forever.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Not for Obama- He will hand his presidency over to Pelosi and Reid which would damage our country forever

::applause:: Ohh that is a GOOD REASON!!!!  ::wink::

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• The number one reasons I am voting for McCain, is because of his plans for foreign policy and our national security. He understands the importance of ending a war the right way, with the purpose of preventing future wars. He is an American hero who has a great understanding of the cause and effect of international actions.

The main reason I am not voting for Obama is, I do not agree with his economic plan to "redistribute the wealth". I think this leads us down a scary path toward socialism/communism. Taking away the ability to be rewarded for hard work only inspires complacency and the status quo.
    Anonymous

• I have so many reasons, but since you asked for just one, I'll give you the first one on my list.

Barack Obama will do more to promote alternative energy, and remove subsidies to oil companies, than John McCain. As a scientist, the health of the planet that sustains our lives is the primary issue for me.

John McCain has chosen a radically anti-abortion religious nut for his running mate. I didn't like him already, but adding Palin to the ticket is a deal-breaker; I would vote for an eggplant over this woman. Her total rejection of science, and substitution of religion in decision-making, is unacceptable in an elected official.
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 3:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I agree with Obama on many things: taxes, women's rights, education. Maybe I don't 100% agree with every little thing, but his beliefs are in line with mine.

Reasons I won't vote McCain include that I disagree with his stance on abortion, taxes and foreign policy.
    littleangelkiss

Answer by littleangelkiss at 4:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2008