Exercise, whats safe during pregnancy?

I am 14 weeks pregnant. I was just walking but that wasnt enough for me so now I'm doing this NIA class Non impact aerobics, its like a mix of dance and yoga, the only thing I cant do is lay on my belly lol, But does it seem like a safe class while I'm pregnant??? I make sure I drink lots of water too!

bmdred

Asked by bmdred at 11:19 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Check you heart rate often but regular excersize if just fine if you're having a normal, healthy pregnancy.

A lot of physical activity might be a concern if you have or develop high blood pressure.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 11:21 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• What should my heart rate be? It was pounding pretty hard lastnight, but when I needed a break I stopped!
    bmdred

Comment by bmdred (original poster) at 11:25 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Swimming is generally considered safe. Talk to your doctor/midwife. Were you exercising before you got pregnant?
    I rode my bike, swam, walked, lifted weights, etc while I was pregnant. My mom was a runner and an aerobics teacher and kept it up until she gave birth. It's all a matter of what your body is used to (and what your doctor/midwife okays).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:32 AM on Sep. 24, 2010