"Leave pregnancy and parenting to the intelligent.loving married folk."

Really now?

So, I have to be lovingly married in order to be intelligent? Interesting.

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 11:24 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Sheesh, what kind of idiot would say a thinkg like that? I mean, I'm all in favor of leaving the parenting to intelligent people, because some people truly are too stupid to procreate, but you have to be married?? Guess I'm out of luck then, because I have a 2-year-old son, and another one on the way, but I'm not married. Yes, my fiance and I have been together for 4 years, and we're in a loving, committed relationship, but I guess that doesn't matter without the paper... I'd be better off the way I was with my ex-husband, married to an abusive, alcoholic jerk, right? Ugh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I am married but come on! Who said this? I apparently missed it. I know plenty of married people who are complete morons and horrible parents and single ladies (or men!) who totally rock at the whole parenting thing. I guess some people just like to feel superior and think they did the right thing in every situation, blah blah blah. I cannot imagine doing this alone, but for those who do out of necessity or desire, I commend you! My being married does not automatically make me a smart, loving, and wonderful mother.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 11:28 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• "Intelligent ,loving, married folk make a nice,responsible, mature and loving family. WHat part of that do you NOT understand??????
    I believe that....I might be very old fashioned since I am an older person wh came from a nice family but i DO have the right to voice my opinion here. I do not appreciate your sarcasm. If you would rather be a single Mom, fine....you do what you want. But I made choices that are right for me and I believe in them."
    So I guess my intelligent, loving cousin should stay in her marriage even though her husband beats her? Yeah, that sounds real healthy for her daughters! And what about those people who now have to raise their children alone because their spouse went overseas to war and was killed? Should they just get re-married so their children can have an "intelligent, loving, married couple" to raise them?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Hmm slightly interesting...mostly insulting statement to single parents, and i am married... Could be looked at in two ways..

A) Why would making you not married and/or a single parent intelligent and loving?
    I disagree the person not status is what makes you loving or intelligent. Being a single parent you'd have to figure things out with no other real input. Dpending again on the person this could be good or bad.

B) Being married doesnt make you loving and intelligent. Again its on who you are not your status..they are married idiots lol.
    Being married you have to learn to coparent and weigh someone else's opinions in turn learning your way isnt always the right and only way of doing things.
    Angelknot8

Answer by Angelknot8 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Haha... I would prefer parents at least have common sense, but seriously? Married? Intelligent? Come on... A low IQ doesn't mean you can't or won't love and care for your kids and neither does lack of wedding ring!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Whoever said this is an idiot.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• wow, how damn rude!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Oh my goodness. Some people think their way is the only way. My sister married, intelligent and loving when she got pregnant but, she was/is far from being prepared to raise a child and her son is 2.5 years old. Some people are just RUDE!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• did anyone see this answer by upsherises "Cause single parents have no parenting skills and nothing to offer their children. "

honestly?? I really can't stand it when people say crap like this!! come on!! That is the dumbest thing i have ever heard of! My sister was a single mom for a long and gave her daughter everything she needed
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Sounds like some judgemental and bitter woman just has her panties all wadded up in her cooter, including some of the rude posts to this question.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2010