Does anyone else think that a CERTAIN group in the politics and current events..

have gotten down vote HAPPY?? I seem to notice a definitely one way LEAN on the number of down votes responses are getting ...they all seem to be conservative answers. Even when they aren'tateful or ugly" as so many claim they only vote for...but just a difference of opinion. Does anyone else think this feature should no longer be anon?? I do!

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My take on downvotes and why I don't care.
    CM was losing revenue and needed a way to get women to stay here and stay longer. A marketer said the women want to know they've been heard and receive affirmation of such. So let's give them a way to feel like their voices are heard with votes and downvotes will eventually turn the negatives to positives for a continual warm fuzzy feeling. Now, CM is able to use you and your habits as a way of making money and keeping you exposed to advertising. You are being used with the voting system.
    I love myself regardless of what an asshole has to say with a downvote
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:40 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I get excited when I get a down vote. I'm like, yeah, good, I pissed you off? That takes a lot of talent, since I really try not to be offensive.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:43 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• LOL...I was TRYING to explain in another post that once they are collapsed MORE people read them because they want to know what is SOO awful that it deserved that many down votes...I got 2 down votes right away!! haha...I just find it funny....and pretty petty. I think tho it is almost reaching the point of anon harassment!

momof030404

Comment by momof030404 (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I would say you are probably right, however I consider a down vote success against the enemy:b
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:49 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I wish they weren't Anon.

I really only vote down answers that i think are in poor taste or are disruptive to a good conversation.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I really don't see the point in having the vote down anyway. It doesn't need to be changed though. If you think things are bad now just make those votes known and every question will be nothing but cat fights. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:08 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I do not get to many down votes, But I will give them when I think they are very wrong or hateful.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• The whole point of CM is for other moms to be judgmental of each other... We are all playing 'the game' each time we log on here... It's human nature and they are attempting to profit off of being EVEN more judgmental of each other with this whole points game....'Some' people refuse to accept that they are in fact being judgmental, stop denying it (which then makes them a hypocrite/liar).. ;oP I think CM needs to get some balls and take the anonymity out of the down vote.. Till then, If someone wants to know if I have down voted them~ I would be happy to tell them... I down vote just as I up vote.. I like your answer=upvote... I don't? Downvote... I do think someone is using their daily quota to downvote me and a few others... Hrmmmmm @@ <----- LOL what a tool!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I've never voted up or down... I was gone for over a year, and then when I got back, it has all this new stuff like points and levels and whatever... I can't be bothered with it. I read a question, respond, and leave it at that.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I don't vote down. I do however vote up, for excellent answers. I either disagree with the person or move on.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2010