my duaghter stepped on a bee what can i do to ease her pain?

my daughter was cleaning her room anmd stepped on a bee i gpt the stinger out but what can i do to reduce sweinng and ease her pain?

momof3atx

Asked by momof3atx at 2:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Have her put her little foot in mud. I grew up on a ranch and that's what my mama did for us whenever we got stung. There are also sting relief sprays that you can get. Mud always worked best for me!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• ice it. also do you have any meat tenderizer in the house? I take plain meat tenderizer mix it with a little water(paste) and apply. takes the swelling down so much sometimes you can't tell where the sting was
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 2:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• If nothing else works you can use baking soda. My grandma always put that on my stings when I was a kid. I once stepped on a bee, it hurts like hell :(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• ice or - lemon juice (which will hurt at first)
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 2:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• its probably too late now, but usually when u get stung by a bee u can take half an onion and press it on the spot where u get stung. it will take the poison out and it will stop hurting after a while.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Mud is what I was going to say. And give her some Motrin or Tylenol......poor baby. I hate bees!
    juliecf

Answer by juliecf at 3:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My grandma used to do the onion trick, m.robertson811, haven't heard that in years. (But it works!)
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Make a paste out of baking soda and apply it to the sting.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 4:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• you can also wet an asprin and use that.
    my3wormies

Answer by my3wormies at 6:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• motrin, ice, caladryl
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2008