how do i know if my kids's stepmom is mentally abusing them

debduran

Asked by debduran at 2:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• what behavior have you been seeing to make you think this?
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 2:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Their character will probably change. They will say and think different then they are used to.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i am having a similiar problem with actually the real mom, i am the step mom and my step-daughter is behaving different and saying really scary things and she is only three... how old are your kids? and has there attitude changed? or saying, acting or picking up things that they did not do before.. there are a lot of crazy people out there even moms and its scary to think that they are able to breed!
    katm85

Answer by katm85 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• my mother brainwashed us against our stepmom - she did nothing but love us but because my mom felt like she was taking her kids away from her she not only punished my step mom but i think that we could have bonded alot more if it wasnt for my mothers negative influence.
    if you keep your adult problems out of the kids heads all will be better in the long run - you will always be mom.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 2:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My stepmom mentally abused me...and I flat-out told my mom that she was. My mom didn't believe me until I was a teenager.

...Really annoying.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2008