If I replace my office chair with an exercise ball

And bounce on it for 8 hours a day. How many calories would that burn?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• How cool! I don't know how many calories. I would guess alot since it's constant motion. Great for the torso and hips!
    mellonhead

Answer by mellonhead at 11:56 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• "A whole lotta?" But I don't see how you can work and bounce at the same time... without getting seasick.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 11:40 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You would also be the talk of the office and how would you type & answer phones while you were bouncing?? God forbid you fall & break something!! LOL! It would be funny to watch though!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:42 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• There's no way to answer that. It depends on how fast you bounce, the postion you sit on it, how long you bounce for (you are not going to bounce for 8 hours straight without stopping), how big the ball is........were you really looking for a number?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• There was an article on that about 2 years ago or so. An office complete changed out their desk chairs for these excercise balls (obviously big enough for the persons to do their work with ease. It helped a lot apparently. Somehow though I don't see my company swapping out our chairs for balls though, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• okay. you'll burn 200 calories.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have actually tried that it is cool and helps your balance should really keep that up lol
    kriszaz

Answer by kriszaz at 5:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Anon. I am currently using the ball. I work 10 hour days and am bouncing as I type this. The ball is 65cm. I vary from bouncing up and down to side to side. It's not vigerous but constant.
    And yes I wanted a number. I don't expect it to be on the money but an idea would be great.
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• thatgirl...I bought it for myself. They are amused.

Ilovemy paulie...they did comment about me falling off of it. The safety team is trying to figure out how to make me get rid of it for just that reason but they can't come up with a valid arguement yet.
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Sep. 23, 2010