What effect does really cold weather have on a 2 month old. I am taking my 2 month old to West Virginia this weekend and it is supposed to be around freezing weather this weekend... some advice please!

KimberlyBailey

Asked by KimberlyBailey at 2:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• None.

Just make sure your little one is wearing the right clothes. Keep the feet, legs and belly warm.. and a hat to not get cold air in the ears.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Remember that kids lose most of their heat out of their head, and then their limbs. Take some baby caps like the ones they use at the hospital. Make sure to keep warm clothes on hand! Will you be inside or outside most of the time? Try layers! A onesie under some long sleeved, footed pajamas worked well for us. I have a January baby, so I'm no stranger to this one! Also, find a large and warm blanket that you can drape over your little one while he/she is in the carseat. Make sure to periodically check his/hands and feet by feeling them. If they feel cold to the touch, I would go inside. If not, you are probably good. If you have time, I would see if you can get a BundleMe. It is is a blanket that is made to zip around them in the carseat. We had one-I loved it. You may be able to find one on Craig's List or at a second-hand store. Good luck!
    ILuvMyBoyz0608

Answer by ILuvMyBoyz0608 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• None.. people have children in Alaska too.... Just bundle him up and he's good to go!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 4:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My son was born in January which has been said to be the coldest month of the year. I had a bundle me ice. It was the best thing I received for traveling. It came in two pieces, the bottom piece stayed velcroed right in the carseat and the top piece zippered over him and you just folded the flap down while in the car and when I was outside I would just throw the flap right over his head. He didn't even mind it and I used it up until about April.
    philipsmommy125

Answer by philipsmommy125 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I live in WV. You really need to pack warm clothes, and him in as much as possible. My 4 month old is sick right now, and I've kept clothes on her and put blankets over her when I've took her out and everything you're suppose to do. I don't think you can prevent it. If they;re going to get sick they're going to get sick. But you do need to pack him some very warm clothes and bring blankets for him. Because it;s only suppose to be in the 50's.
    mahaleesmom

Answer by mahaleesmom at 10:19 AM on Oct. 21, 2008