Coackroaches?

Please someone helpme, my hubby bought a stereo at a yard sale and apparently it was infested with roaches. I have never had this issue but now they are all over. Someone please helpme deal with this, I really can't afford someone to come out and spray! Any old home remedies or heck anything? Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Home & Garden

• You're gonna think I'm nuts, but the same thing happened to us when I was a kid. (Used fridge that had been outside) We had a roach problem for a long time. Then one year it rained really bad and for some reason the frogs got into our house. (I'm not sure how that happened exactly). All I know is that they ate the roaches! LOL! We didn't have roaches after the frogs were in our house for a few days. I'm not crazy about frogs myself, but I like 'em better than roaches! LOL!
    Anonymous

• Roaches love electronics. Also old furniture. This happened once to me with a gorgeous chair I found on the street. I was living with my sister at the time and we were so excited, got the chair home, then 5 minutes later the bugs started coming out of it! We practically threw it down the stairs back to the street.

First, you must get rid of stereo. There are probably eggs in there. Then head out to get Raid or those roach motels or boric acid. Seal up cracks in walls with roach bait gel (from hardware store or Walgreen's) as that's where they live. You might consider investing in a professional only because they can cause asthma in kids.
    Cafe MicheleZ

Answer by Cafe MicheleZ at 3:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I would use bombs (foggers). When my son and I moved into our first apartment it was infested and there were roach eggs in cracks and crevices. My dad went in and set off COMBAT bombs(foggers). When I came home all I had to do was clean and open some windows. The Foggers do just that...When you pull the tab there will be a mist or gas released into the air that fogs up the place and kills EVERYTHING crawling. Just make sure you follow the instructions and do it on a day when you have something planned to keep the family and pets out the house for a while. Oh and RAID also makes a fogger. Good Luck.
    tam84

Answer by tam84 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Mix half Boric Acid and Half powdered sugar. Sprinkle this along base boards, behind the fridge, anywhere those pesky little things crawl.. it'll take a couple of days.. but it'll kill them.

IF YOU PETS - DO NOT USE THIS.. it can seriously harm your pet if they decide to go lick it up.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 1:32 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I would use boric acid for that. But put it out of places to where children can't see it or even get to it that's including animals as well. Boric acid is the most cheapest thing you can find that will resolve that issue. It's in a yellow bottle if I'm not mistaken and it should be at you're local dollar store you have in town if you have one. If not check you're grocery store then and see if it's there. Let me know how it works out. Roaches are a pain...
    snickers1201

Answer by snickers1201 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 31, 2008