Metforin Mammas I need your help!!

How long did it take you to get prego? I just started taking this and was wondering how it helped you? When you did get prego what did you change? Did you stop taking it righ away or what is it that your doc had you do?

countryhotmama

Asked by countryhotmama at 11:46 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• The first time I was on Met. for 7 months before conceiving. This time I've been on it for over 2 years and got pregnant recently but it is an ectopic pregnancy. It helped me lose a little weight before getting pregnant. When I got pregnant while on it the first time, my dr had me stop taking it, but some women continue to take it.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 12:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I take metformin for my diabetes but I understand that it can help those with pcos get pregnant as well. I don't know how much it heightens your fertility but good luck. Also start slow on it because it can give you horrible stomach cramps and diarrhea while you body gets used to it.

And if you ever take it and feel hungry, shaky or dizzy eat some quick working carbs or drink some juice.....it could potentially give you low blood sugar.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2010