Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What kind of assistance is out there?

i already have wic. i cant get foodstamps. i knw about tanf. is there anything else that can help me out. im having twins in december. i do have a seasonal job that will end in december as well.


Asked by mauricellaf at 11:50 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 15 (2,240 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • If you have to pay for your own food, shelter and help with the rent they should help you. Actually they must help you with food and stuff. You need to be independant if your living with your family you have to let them know you must also provide for the household and your food you must purchase by you.

    I am sorry you are going through this, but speak to a worker maybe she can guide you. Just becareful don't fall deeper in try to get out of getting assistance for the rest of your life. They have lots of programs that can help you, succeed and make a better living situation for your kids. Good luck and God bless. :)

    Answer by KFree907 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

  • if you are over income for food stamps then you are most likely over for any other progams

    angel food ministries?

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:52 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

  • section 8, food pantries, some pregnancy places will give u baby items if u go to their classes.

    Answer by mommaofemma at 11:53 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

  • Oh also if your electric gets shut off and you have children under 5 they have to keep it on it is against the law! Just bring your shut off notice to the church and they will help you out

    Answer by mommaofemma at 11:54 AM on Sep. 23, 2010


    This isn't a faithbased program it's just a network of churches in your community that operate a food co-op. You can get groceries super cheap.

    Try contacting your local United Way as well.


    Answer by UpSheRises at 11:54 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

  • You can apply for section 8 housing to get your own place. In some areas the wait is months, where I live it can be 4 or more years. Rent is based on income. Apply for child support as soon as the babies are born. They will be counted as 2 children and you will get more child support. You need to find out what help is available in your area. Usually there is a list of organizations and agencies and their contact info either on the public library web site or they will have info sheets at the library. Once the babies are born apply for food stamps and medicaid for all 3 of you. Good luck and congrats on having twins!


    Answer by Gailll at 12:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

  • im not over income for food stamps. they wont give them too me becuz im 19 and live with a family member and this was even before i got the job. when they interviewed me i didnt even have a job or any income.

    Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

Next question in General Parenting
Gentian Violet safe?

Next question overall (Religious Debate)