Art project for a 2 year old?

Im looking for some art & craft ideas I can do with my 2 year old. Right now we are using those little sticky foam shapes and making pictures. I was just wondering what everyone else does arts&crafts wise with their little ones? She is a 2 year old girl, by the way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• painting, finger painting, glue and paper, tissue paper candle holders, homemade puffy paint with shaving cream and glue
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:58 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I like to cut pictures out of magazines and the cartoons from the paper after everyone is done with them. I keep the little cut-outs in a box with the craft stuff. My son can take out whatever pictures he likes at the time, and make his own collage by gluing them however he likes onto a big piece of paper. You can make homemade playdoh which is fun. Maybe make some fo the Christmas ornaments that you make with the cinnamon dough and bake to keep. Also everything peanutsmommy1 metioned are great! ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Well it all depends on how uptight you are really. If you don't mind messy and tossing her into the tub you should definitely finger paint, it is simple to make just go easy on the food coloring and pick a sunny spot outside and go to town. I love play dough too and it is easy to make and store, but steer clear of carpeting. I love to color and draw but make sure that you store crayons and markers until 'craft time', Unfortunately I learned this the hard way, at nine months pregnant with #2 my very adorable and brilliant 2 year old daughter lined up all of her babies for school and proceeded to use the wall in the entryway for the chalkboard. "But MOMMY, I am the teacher and this is my classroom."
    kellimatz

Answer by kellimatz at 1:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• We used uncooked noodles of various shapes and made pictures by gluing them onto construction paper. It was fun. There are quite a variety of shapes out there besides elbow. I still have some of these and it isn't a really messy project. Unless a box gets tipped over. LOL
    Mamaford2

Answer by Mamaford2 at 11:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Our little girl is so in love with coloring that we haven't done much else... but reading the question and responses, I think we need to get on it!

Another thing that she loves is sidewalk chalk, which is a favorite of mine because it's easy to clean up and doesn't stick around to clutter the house (which is in a bad place clutter-wise).
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 10:55 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It looks like everyone has given you great answers. I would say the same thing

Finger Painting, Sidewalk Chalk, Coloring, Macaroni Art,

Another fun thing to do is to print pictures off the internet of their favortie things, cut them out and glue them on a piece of computer paper. Then you have a cute collage for their wall and they know they made it.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:52 PM on Sep. 25, 2010