When do you find time to deep clean w/4 kids?

OMG< I need to do the windows, but between homework, activities and daily cleaning, I need tips for the deep cleaning...

:) Any appreciated...

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I only have 3 kids, but two of them are 3 year olds. Any tasks I can't do with them around I do at night after they go to bed or I do it on the weekend. We usually try to do at least one task as a family each weekend. Your kids are old enough you should be able to clean windows while they are awake, so you might try planning it as a weekend activity. You can clean windows while they do other chores.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Pick one project a day. I do that with a 2 yo underfoot and working from home. I do my regular cleaning and then one project a day for deep cleaning so that it doesn't back up. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:58 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I give each ofmy kids aged 3 or more chores to do,but I make it fun so they actually like it. My three year old picks everything up off the floor, and my five year old enjoys, dusting the furniture and shelves, vaccuming, and folding her clothes. So while they do that stuff I get the other stuff going.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• How old are the kids? I have 4 and cleaning, especially deep cleaning is not a common occurrance. But when I needed to do the windows, or steam the floors, or whatever, I split the task up so everybody could take part. The shorter and less reliable kids did the lowest parts. Make a game of it and play "hunt the streaks".
    WyndenSkie

Answer by WyndenSkie at 12:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I don't. My house is gross.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• bump
    Janet

Answer by Janet at 12:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• the 11 & 14 year old should be able to help with all the tasks of the household get them involved in helping if you don't work outside the home do it while they are gone to school if you do get everyone involved over the weekend. Tackle 1 room or project a day if it's a huge one. Have the kids do their own closets for deep cleaning along with drawers delegate chores
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My kids are 6,7,and 11,14. I am the one who will handle the windows. They help with everything else. I am talking with homework at night, activities and bath time read time...
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• it is easiest do to with the kids at school. If your still busy with the kids even at school then they should at least do thier own part like thier own room. you could help them a little and throw on the radio for them but make rewards for them weekly so they will keep up the good work.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2010