Potato Soup Recipes

How do you make your potato Soup? It's a raining out & would be a good day for soup. Anything esle you have with it?

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:58 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We do grilled ham and cheese sandwiches with ours.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I use potatoes, garlic, salt, pepper and corn. That is one of the Native American recipes. I sometimes add ham to get our protein in there, as well as bacon bits and cheese to top it off. This sounds great and shouldn't take you any more than 40 mins to make. Boil your potatoes and then add the milk and other ingredients. Don't cook for more than 20 min with the milk or it will begin to separate. Sounds yummy for a yucky day.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I chop up potatoes, carrots, celery, bell pepper, and onion, and kind of steam/sautee til almost done, then add cheese and cream of celery soup and milk or I make a roux and add cheese to that. Sometimes I just add cheese and whole milk, and either puree part of it or run my potato masher through it. I do it different every time. Sometimes I add corn at the end. Sometimes I add bacon, sometimes ham. Sometimes no cheese. Sometimes garlic.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have heard that instant mashed potatoes thickens it nicely.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 4:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010