How do I get rid of this skin?? lol I got sunburnt really bad over the weekend. I've been using aloe a couple times a day and about 3 or 4 times on my face but, my face is peeling after all. I already took a shower and rubbed off a bunch but what's the fastest way to get it off?

lilmel1694

Asked by lilmel1694 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• If you're peeling already, then the best way is pretty much put moisturizer on...a TON of it. I wouldn't peel it off though as I've seen some people get scars..
    stina1218

Answer by stina1218 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

stina1218

• sit in a tub of warmest water you can take after about 10 min rub your skin with hands untill you start feeling the skin come off( dont't make yourself raw )after use coco butter lotion repeat nxt day until gone. This is also good for really dry skin
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 1:23 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• The peeling is only on my face though. I guess I forgot to mention that.
    lilmel1694

Answer by lilmel1694 at 2:14 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I use an after sun lotion that has Avocado oil, plantain, arnica, chamomile, linden and rosemary extracts.
    LATAINA4

Answer by LATAINA4 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• a very potent moisturizer (like coca butter) is a great idea. rub it on your face as much as needed, just be careful because thick moisturizers like that can have a reverse effect on delicate facial skin and make your skin really oily (which could lead to zits). don't peel your dead skin off intentionally! let it fall off naturally. try to use an exfoliating scrub to rub off the dead edges and try to blend in the dead skin with your already peeled skin. use warm water and rub those problem areas gently with the scrub using your fingers. use a scrub with some sort of soft granulation like pumice or sugar. do not use a salt srub!! it will sting and irritate your skin. good luck and use a good water/sweatproof spf next time you are in the sun too much lady!!!
    Kinina16

Answer by Kinina16 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Exfoliate and moisturize
    Angie430

Answer by Angie430 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2008