Satanist parents please explain.

I have study many religions, and I myself am Christain. But I would like to know what your religion is about and why you chose it for yourself. I am not going to judge or bash. I am honestly just curious. Also, if anyone starts bashing, I will delete this. So DO NOT answer unless you are of this faith or have been in the past. Thank you ladies.

clovismommy25

Asked by clovismommy25 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Okay the Nine Satanic Statements are basically what Satan represents to Satanists. They don't view Satan as a god, more like an Ideal.
    The Eleven rules of the earth the Satanists follow are
    1)Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
    2)Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
    3)When in another's lair, show them respect or don't go there!
    4)If a guest in your lair disrespects you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
    5) Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:52 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I, for myself chose no religion at all. I've seen too much bad happening to me, my family and friends. I do not believe in any kind of god or power to pray to. But i respect everyone who believes in god or anything else you want to believe in. Some people need to think that there is a god, just to feel better or have somebody to talk to (about their problems ect.) and thats really good. But i dont believe in it.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I've read the satanic bible, because like you I find religions interesting.
    Anyway listen to the Nine Satanic Statements:
    Anonymous

• 1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
    2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
    3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
    4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!
    5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
    6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!
    7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!
    8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
    9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!
    Anonymous

• WOW!!
    Anonymous

• that last one was kinda funny.
    Iam not satanist but i have a friend who is. you wouldn't think that unless he told you , he dosn't do sacrifises or anything. he just reads that bible. He was brought up cathlic i think and turned to that when his mom died because she was always going to church and doing stuff by the book i guess. and when she died of cancer, after suffering from it for 2 years he felt like everything he was taught about god was a lie and , didn't know why if she did everything the way he wanted her to that he let that happen to her. don't know if that answers your ? but you said why someone would choose that for them selfs.
    Anonymous

• I used to practice Wiccan, my father was an Athiest, and my mother was brought up as a baptist christain. And I have study I can't even count how many other religions. But this one I understand the basics, but not everything. I would love to read the Satanic Bible, but my DH would flip a lid if i every brought it home. I am some what of a medium as it is, and our almost 3 yr old DS is as well, always talking to spirits. So he is scared if I bring anything in our home it might make it worse. He didn't believe in "ghosts" or "spirits" until I came along.What type of things are in the Satanic Bible?
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I am no expert, but in my understanding, "Satanism" is a religion in which you are your own god. Not that they actually think they are deities, but that each person should act in their own best interest, without regard for others. This isn't as bad as I was taught in Sunday School, with evil spirits and conjuring the devil. But, as a very ethical atheist, I reject the idea that I should always act in my own best interest. I care about others, and believe the "golden rule" is necessary for a peaceful and civil society.
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 9:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Creepy...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• 6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
    7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
    8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
    9. Do not harm little children.
    10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
    11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:53 AM on Oct. 21, 2008