honesty confused them!?

I got some groceries yesterday. The girl forgot to ring up the 2 cases of bottled water under the cart after saying she would come around to scan them. I didn't notice it wasnt on the receipt until after I got home. I called the store to offer to pay by phone. I was on hold several times b/c they've never dealt w/ an "undercharge" before, & was finally told I can just take care of it the next time I'm there. How sad that some good old-fasioned honesty seemed to throw them for a loop!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Shopping

• Been there done that. I have actually gone back with an item and was told to not worry about it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Most Likely that girl will get written up or lose her job. I used to work in a grocery store and it's her responsibility to make sure there is NOTHING left on the cart. Everything is supposed to be taken off, people hide things under cases of water and pop.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I highly doubt she will lose her job over it. Mistakes are made. They would do random BOB checks (Bottom of Buggy) in the grocery stores I've worked at and we've all failed at least once....if they fired everyone who failed there wouldn't be any cashiers.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2010