Jamie Lee Curtis isnt a conservative parent- she's brilliant!

I saw Jamie Lee Curtis on Rachel Ray today. She said how she was at a book signing(she writes childrens books) when an 11 y/o girl asked her to sign a copy of the "Halloween" movie (Rated R) which JLC was in. JLC asked to see the girl's mom, & said she gave her the "look" & said "she's 11 y/o, what were you thinking!?" JLC says she takes a conservative approach to parenting- I say she's dead-on! More parents need this common sense (not conservative) approach when dealing w/ what kids see & do!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree totally with JLC! how can you let a 3 year old watch Halloween. Parenting is NOT just go do whatever whenever! Parents are there as guides to use their BRAINS in determining age appropriateness, maturity level, etc.

Parenting is an ADJECTIVE...Parenting is the process of promoting and supporting the physical, emotional, social, and intellectual development of a child from infancy to adulthood. Parenting refers to the activity of raising a child rather than the biological relationship

Kid will grow physically no matter what a parent does. But parenting takes effort, not a free for all!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• yes i totally agree its common sense if the thing was for adults what is a child doing with it and it comes down to the parents of the kid to say no u are to young
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• braden I am with you! I own every horror movie ver made, and my kids watch it, which is why they know the difference between reality and fiction~!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I didn't see it. But if someone said that to me, I'd be very annoyed.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I sat beside him and explained how it was a costume just like the ones in his costume box. I explained cameras and angles and acting. He learned a lot. He is super intelligent and very verbal. He was mature enough to handle it and wanted to watch and know more.

Will I let my future kids watch? Depends on them and how they are and how they think and act.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• She said that to the mother. How horrible of her to say something like that in a public place!

Off the topic, Jamie Lee Curtis may be intersex (both male and female). There have been stories for years and her 2 children are adopted. Intersex people almost always can't have children. Around the time her children were adopted there were many storied and she never denied them. It's too bad if she is intersexed it would have been a good opportunity to come out and educate the public about how common it is for babies to be born intersexed and the lifelong problems they face.

http://www.squidoo.com/intersex

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Wow, what things you must think of me...

My son was watching all of that by age 3. He has suffered no ill effects from it. He is 14 now.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2010