• In the Spotlight:

Is it alright to have a decrease in appitite during your thrid trimester?

Poopie08

Asked by Poopie08 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yup it's normal. Does'nt happen to everyone but most women will tell you that they felt full much faster during their last trimester. That baby is pushing on all of your internal organs, you're tired, and you're body is just adjusting to the final leg of the journey. As long as you're not losing weight, you do not feel hungry and you are making certain you are still getting proper nutrition to your monkey you should be fine. If it's still worrying you bring it up to your OB at your next appointment.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I know my appetite decreased quite a bit towards the end. I wouldn't be too concerned unless you start losing weight. But you still need to make sure you get enough nutrients for the baby and yourself or it'll really take a toll on you and your energy levels and whatnot.
    Cadens_Mommy118

Answer by Cadens_Mommy118 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I'm just wondering because I'll be 30 weeks on Wednesday and I've just not been as hungry as I was before.. I'm kinda back to the appetite I had before I was pregnant. Eating once or twice a day.. With little snacks here and there..
    Poopie08

Answer by Poopie08 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2008