ocd at two?

my daughter does crazy routines when coloring and cleaning. She gets upset when its interupted and everything she does she does 3 times before moving on.is it possible to have ocd?

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 12:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, my SIL has a daughter with OCD, she started showing around 2 and is 4 now. Your daughter wont like it and you'll both be pulling your hair out at each other for about week, but you need to stop her from doing this. You aren't hurting her by stopping her, but by letting her do it, you are enforcing her OCD tendencies. If you don't stop it now, it will get worse.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• yes, my daughter is 7 and has been showing signs of it since she was a toddler. It hasn't become dispruptive to our/her lifestyle so i just leave it alone. it's very mild.
    RAI2001

Answer by RAI2001 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yes. You need to let her doctor know, so they can refer you to the right person. It will only get worse if you let it go. GOOD FOR YOU for not ignoring it! It takes a lot to acknowledge something like this, but it's the best thing you can possibly do!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• yes my son does something like that but his not that bad lol but its ok but i would go ahead and get some help now
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 4:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2010