army wives kinda long and didnt know what subject lol

my husband is suposed to be getting out of the army, with in the next couple weeks, but now all of the sudden he changed his mind and said he wants to re enlist as reserve. i have no problem with it, but it suprised me. lol, i was expecting him to get out and then bam lol. but anyways, he says his reasoning for it is if he get out of the army its more likely he will be called back to deploy than if he just re enlisted reserve. is that true? it doesnt make sense to me, and my hubby lies sometimes, nothing major just stupid things he doesnt need to lie about ya know? i support him no matter what but i dont know if i believe thats true....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Reserves get deployed just like anyone else does.. (Active or National Guard.) You just won't receive active duty pay or Tricare benefits until he is called up on deployment orders.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Reservists get deployed too. After he gets out, he is in an IRR status which means's he's inactive ready reserves and is subject to being called back to active duty for up to 4 years after he's discharged.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Tricare benefits until he is called up on deployment orders.
    You can still get Tricare if your in NG or Reserves, it just costs. Tricare Standard South is 197.00/mo

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Your more likely to get called up while in the IRR because you aren't attached to any unit so, any unit call activate you. If your NG or Reserves than you call only be called up by your unit.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I was an active duty family doc. He will absolutely get called up to deploy...no doubt! He may be concerned with the financial aspect of going into the civilian sector in this economy. Talk to him about it. Why is he getting out to begin with? Does he have a job lined up? Change is scary sometimes. He needs to think about going to the reserve a long time. I didn't go that route because I was tired of deployments and they were really hard on my family.
    LaughingDoc

Answer by LaughingDoc at 2:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think he's just scared of the idea of getting out. He's not likely to be called up to deploy if he just gets out. They deploy reservists and the guard. He didn't tell you the truth. He's scared, which is totally normal.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2010