How do you get a 3rd old lil girl to STOP pooping in her panties????

She is completely pee trained, but will still poopy in her pantie's? How do I get her to STOP this??? I'm FED UP!!!!!!

Asked by amh_7 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe just let off on it, then when she asks to do things like go to park, go to birthdays, go swimming, say, oh, no, only big girls who poo in the toilet get to do that. sorry. and be firm in your ideas about only "big girls" get the privileges big girls get from pooing in toilet. but lay off gettting mad about it, she may just need more time to mature or may be doing it for attention. just change her poopy diapers nonchalantly and briskly and act almost robotic, biut be firm about the "big girl thing and she will figure it out herself sooner or later.

Answer by thegoddessofwit at 12:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Take her panties away completely. That's what I'm doing. The only problem? She holds it until I put on her pullup for bed. I just bought a waterproof sheet for her bed, so we're getting rid of the pullups at night, too. I was told it works because when they are wearing undies, they know there is something there to catch the mess. If it's not there, the notice and want to use something.

Answer by Kyragirl at 12:57 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Its just a stage, my youngest is two but did the same thing for awhile. Dont get negative, just ignore it, dump it in the toilet and walk on. Or, if she does poop then clean her up and put a diaper on her just dont YELL at her. Maybe she cant help it, you never know. give her lots of praise, maybe if you tell her if she poops in the potty she can have a popsickle or a cookie that would help too... make it something postive....maybe she is thrown off by your negative reactions.

Answer by michiganmom83 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• its nasty, and I don't personally do it, but my aunt made her kids WEAR the poopy underwear on their head for an hour. It did work. Like I said, it's nasty and I don't personally do it.

Answer by kaysha at 1:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I haven't had to deal with this (yet)... but when my little sister wouldn't stop pooping in her pants, my mom made her rinse her own undies. My sister had to take them off, dump the poo in the toilet & rinse the undies in the sink... TWICE... she never did it again. I know it seems mean, but if she's not buying all the "big girl" stuff, and you really have tried everything else, maybe this could work. Just an idea.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 1:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Make her clean them. My best friend did this with her DD and it worked within a week. Everytime her LO would poop in her panties she would have to take them off and clean them herself and she couldn't go play until they were clean. Once they were clean she had to make sure that she was all the way cleaned up and then go get new panties and then she could go play. It drove her nuts! Within days she stopped pooping in her pants.

Answer by HeatherTurner at 2:49 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I think you need to stop pushing the potty thing for a while. If she is still pooping in her panties then she isn't ready (although at three she should be extremely close). Put her back in diapers. Explain to her that she can't wear big girl panties until she wants to always go in the potty.

Answer by AJsMomma at 10:13 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• If you get an answer, let me know. My almost 4 year old Max does it too! LOL. After I told you guys at the park that he was doing so well, he had a bad day yesterday. I think part of it is being sick. But, I am fed up too!

Answer by mommmyof5 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Oh and DON"T go back to diapers. You have come to far. Does she poop at the same time every day? Maybe make her sit on the toilet every so often. Or, I sort of like the cleaning out the undies idea. Max would have poop all over though. And, with drinking soy milk, it stinks badly!!

Answer by mommmyof5 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• its nasty, and I don't personally do it, but my aunt made her kids WEAR the poopy underwear on their head for an hour. It did work. Like I said, it's nasty and I don't personally do it.  - posted by  kaysha

Honestly, that is just F___ing nasty!  Who in the world would make their child wear poopy undies on their head?  That is nasty/degrading/mean/sick . . . . give me a break people!!!!!!

Answer by bookay at 4:25 PM on Sep. 2, 2008